1.23.2011

What the Craic?!

No I did not forget how to use spell check!  Craic is the first Gaelic word I've learned in preparation for our move to Ireland (actually it's the ONLY thing I've done to prepare, but more on that later.)  So I have named my blog Croissant Craic.  Not only for the excellent alliteration, but because we live our lives for the craic!  Still confused?  See the definition below:


Craic or crack is a term for fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland.[1][2] It is often used with thedefinite article – the craic.[1] The word has an unusual history; the form craic was borrowed into Irish from the English crack in the mid-20th century, and the Irish spelling was then reborrowed into English.[1] Under either spelling, the crack/craic has great cultural currency and significance in Ireland.


Makes sense now, right?  I like to think Adam and I are both quite skilled at the art of fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation!  So here is to hoping this blog will allow me to share all the good craic we are sure to encounter on this upcoming adventure.  If you're interested in checking in from time to time I hope you will enjoy the craic!  


Stay tuned for the moving count down.

No comments:

Post a Comment