6.13.2011

Back to Ireland, Back to Blogging!


Wow! I've been MIA from the world of blogging for a while now! I've been back in Ireland for five days and this is the first time I've sat down at the computer with the intention to write. Don't get me wrong I have been wanting to write and I have plenty of ideas running through my head, but somehow the transition has left me tired and apathetic about doing anything. Why is it that we often need a vacation from our vacations? A five-hour time difference should not be this difficult, but I think I simply mentally allowed it to get to me!

So pushing the mental exhaustion aside I thought I'd start back to blogging by sharing a few tidbits about my trip back to the good ol' US of A!

The reason for our trip was to celebrate the wedding of Adam's childhood friend Nick, and his beautiful bride Chelsea! This homegrown backyard love fest was picture perfect, complete with a vintage sofa to pause for a silly photo, to the lovebird themed cake, and the wedding party's crazy launch fully clothed into the pool!

So happy to help set the stage for the vintage love bird themed wedding by designing the invitations!



Adam and his mama acting a little goofy!

Sadly the wedding weekend fun came to an end, and Adam had to return to Ireland for work, but my USA holiday was just beginning. I headed further South to spend the next week in Naples, Florida with my parents. I managed to hit the links a few times, hang out with the family, watch the sunset, and cuddle with my doggy!

FORE!

Picnic at the beach with the family.

Beautiful sun set over the Gulf.



Oh how the time flies! Before I knew it, I was saying goodbye to my family and was on my way to Raleigh, North Carolina. Raleigh is where Adam and I spent our last seven years and it was great to be back! I managed to see and do almost everyone and everything on my list, but it still did not feel like I had enough time! Missed a chance to hang with the Glam Squad, eat a Snoopy's dog, only had a partial book club meet up, and no beer and wings with Kitty at the Draft House! Oh well, I guess that means I'll just have to go back again someday!

I did manage to spend lots of quality time with Jolly and baby Mason!

Drank lots of Two Buck Chuck with Susan and the girls,

and back porch drinking and pool chilling with my girl Anna!

Next stop Washington DC! Best friends from college Staci and Kim live in the DC Metro area and a trip back to the US wouldn't be complete without seeing them. I had another baby to meet who made his debut since I've been away. Shopping with Staci, catching up with Kim and her new life adjusting to motherhood, drinking my favorite Dogfish Head brews, a quick visit with Stelios & Andrea, and lazy pool days made for a wonderful end to my US visit.  


Kim's new bundle of Joy baby Cole and I bond over a beer!

Thank you to everyone who took me in, entertained me, and made the effort to make sure my first trip back to the USA was a success. I miss you all over again, but happy to know that someday I'll be back and we can do it all again!

Finally, I want to share with you all the goodies that made it back in my suitcase! Hooray for yummy snacks, ranch dressing, goldfish crackers, twizzlers, cornmeal, peanut butter treats, and spicy things!





No comments:

Post a Comment