12.14.2011

All Good Things Must End


This time last year I was in our home in Raleigh, North Carolina starting to plan out our big move across the pond! They say all things are cyclical, and so it makes sense that a year later I am going through the exact same thing but heading back the other direction! Yes you heard me correctly, we are moving back to the USA! I always knew we would go back someday, I just did not expect it to be this soon. However, like they say all good things must come to an end.

We made the difficult decision a few weeks ago to leave Ireland behind. Adam has gained valuable work experience with this company but ultimately the job just was not the right fit.  Additionally, there has been an unfinished PhD dissertation looming over his head for the last year. Those are the two main things that have spurred our return to the states.



We will be hanging our hats temporarily with my parents in Florida. Certainly not where I saw myself at 32, but feeling blessed that they have offered to put up with us until we figure out our next move.  Obviously for Adam it means finishing his writing and research so he can obtain his doctorate. For me it means spending quality time with my family, brushing up on my golf swing, continuing to work on my painting, and maybe even a part-time job.

Certainly mixed emotions about this move. We do not regret the decision to live and work abroad for the last year. It has been a wonderful adventure that has not only shaped us as individuals, but has strengthened  our partnership as well. We were given the opportunity to travel, explore, and make amazing new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment