12.04.2011

Warm and Wooly

Spending Sunday afternoon recovering from a long night celebrating the opening of  Hedgehog Fibres' new studio! Adam and I rolled in around 4 am! Hedgehog Fibres, run by my friend Beata, specializes in hand-dyed yarns and fibers for spinning.


Beata was finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with the huge demand for her georgous hand-dyed yarns while working out of her home. So in order to supply that demand she moved her business from her kitchen to a wonderful new studio space, and last night was the grand opening party! Celebrating my friend's success was exciting enough for me, but maybe even more so was being asked to assist with the event planning! I cannot wait to share pictures of the party with you, hopefully sometime this week. 

Today however I thought I would share a picture of my studio warming gift to Beata. 


I knew I wanted to paint something that had some connection to what goes on at the studio and this sheep just seemed to make sense! She may have to commission me to paint her a matching goat because in addition to sheep's wool she also dyes lovely soft mohair!

2 comments:

  1. Love the sheep painting! You are really talented I hope you continue to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures from the opening looked great! Lots of fun, and you were super cute with your up do!

    ReplyDelete