2.14.2011

Truckin'

Sorry for the huge gap in post! Last week was total chaos. The final stages of packing had me in tears. It's so amazing how much stuff you can accumulate! This was only compounded by the fact that I was sick. I attended our going away party doped up on cold medicine and cough drops. Thankfully by the final day in Raleigh I had turned the corner.

Loading up the Uhaul in Raleigh.


Thank goodness because I was about to get behind the wheel of a 14 foot Uhaul truck for 12 hours. Adam had spent his last 48 hours in Raleigh finalizing things at his lab and I don't think he slept at all during that time. Therefore, I was the one charged with driving the truck. I was nervous at first behind the wheel, but eased up quickly after a few miles on the highway. I am happy to report we arrived in Florida safely and on schedule. We spent several hours unloading the truck into a large storage unit we are sharing with my parents.


Truckin'

Roger and Adam unloading the truck.




Inside of our storage unit.


In Florida we only had one full day with my family which seems sad, but I think it helped us to not linger over the difficult parts of moving away. I am finding it hard to believe that I didn't even shed a tear. It seems odd, but I guess at that point we were still so dizzy with all that had transpired in the days prior, and excited about the journey ahead that tears really had no place.

So we boarded a plane on Friday afternoon finally on our way to Ireland after all these many months of anticipation. Even at JFK while waiting to board the plane, making final goodbye phone calls, it hadn't hit me that we were actually moving to Ireland. In fact 48 hours after our arrival it still hasn't hit me. I feel as if I'm on vacation.

So...bear with me as I let this all sink in. More post to come as soon as I get more settled in. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment