8.24.2011

Satiating My Cheesy Desires


I have been hiding a box of Goldfish crackers in the back of my pantry for over two months now.  I just can not bring myself to open the box because once they are opened I will eat them.  Once I eat them they will be gone, and once they are gone, they are gone.  


That's right no Goldfish crackers over here in Ireland!  As you may have guessed the most popular Irish snack involves the potato in the form of a chip, or a crisp as they call them. Crisps are available in abundance. Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion seem to be the most popular flavors.  


Don't get me wrong, crisps are grand, but what I really crave are the cheesy salty snacks tucked away in the back of the pantry.  I would kill for a goldfish cracker, a cheez-it, or even a cheeto!


So in an effort to satiate my crispy cheesy desires without breaking into my goldfish box stashed in the back of the cupboard I decided to try my hand at making my own! Found this recipe for homemade Cheez-its and got to work.  



It could not have been easier!  Cheese, butter, flour, salt, and water!  I don't have a food processor here so my shredded cheese may not have mixed in as well as I would have liked, but it did not prevent my crackers from tasting delicious, cheesy, and crispy!




I especially enjoy them with a little schmere of peanut butter on top!









1 comment:

  1. oi don't be a greedy scag share some of them!

    ReplyDelete