8.17.2011

I may not have cooked it, but I ate it! (and Drank it too!)


Wow, I cannot believe I have been away from my fun little blogging habit for two weeks now! I went on holiday with the best of intentions to keep up my writing; but you know how vacations are. Busy and lazy go hand in hand while on holiday!  So I dropped the ball, but I plan on sharing all about my time spent in London, Copenhagen, Berlin, and Prague over the course of the next few post. 

I only arrived home to Ireland last night. I have not gone to the market, and have not had a chance to make much of anything in my kitchen other than coffee and toast. However, in the spirit of "What's Cookin' Wednesday" I thought I would share with you a few photos of tasty treats I indulged in over the last two weeks. 

Copenhagen

Can't remember the name of the fish, but it was native to the waters around Copenhagen and  was served lightly pan fried with capers, almonds, pickles, and lots of dill and lemon zest!  Yum!

All over Copenhagen hot dog stands serve up what is known as a  French  hot dog, which is served in a hollowed out toasted baguette.

Adam's French dog was wrapped in bacon!

Sadly I did not have an opportunity to snack on one of the many famous Danish open faced sandwiches known as Smørrebrød, but they looked delish and gives me yet another excuse to return someday soon! 

Berlin

Did not indulge in much local fare as Berlin is such a large international city, however managed to enjoy a tasty bratwurst one afternoon!

Prague

Prague was by far my favorite city from a culinary perspective.  Their traditional grub while simple and rustic is  the best comfort food around!  Here a half a roast duck and a plate full of potato dumplings and cabbage!

Goulash might just be the official dish of the Czech Republic and with good reason!  And no meal is complete without potato pancakes and bread dumplings!

BEER

At the London World Beer Festival

Cruising the River in Prague Pilsner Urquell in hand!

Enjoying a Dunkel at the Prater Garten in Berlin.


Unique brews at the Mikkeller Bar in Copenhagen.



Czech micro brews at Zly Casy bar, far from the tourist trap city center!


Late night food in Prague looks just about the same as it does the USA! Greasy pizza and a Beer just before bed can't be beat!








No comments:

Post a Comment