11.21.2011

Showcasing My Scarf Stylin'

Look out Tyra Banks, I am about to become Ireland's Next Top Model!

OK, clearly I am just kidding, but I did have a fun evening last week pretending to be a model! Laura Eliason of Laura Eliason Designs gathered a group of creative and fashion forward bloggers here in Cork to style and model one of her fabulous hand-dyed scarves. To my great surprise she asked me to model! I may be a blogger, but fashion-forward is not exactly an adjective I use to describe myself. Don't get me wrong I adore fashion but a more casual lifestyle here in Ireland has left me feeling less than fashionable lately. 

The first step was stopping by Laura's studio to select a scarf to style.  I was overwhelmed by so many wonderful choices. Initially I was drawn to the silk scarves like these. I love the effortless gorgeous shapes they create with just a simple drape, and the feeling of soft silk on your skin is a bonus too!


However, keeping in mind Laura's request to showcase our personal style and utilize the scarf how we would in everyday life I opted for one of the lightweight 100% wool gauze scarves instead. They felt a bit more casual and cozy to me. Perfect for the blustery Irish weather!



Laura will be publishing individual posts about about each of the lovely ladies over the next few weeks on her blog. So if you want to see my big fashion debut you can check it out here! I would encourage you to take a look at all of the other talents who participated in the scarf styling photo shoot. Talk about fashion forward! I was totally blown away with the many creative ways there are to rock something as simple as a scarf and tailor it to such individual styles. Here is just a little sneak peak!



A huge thank you to Laura for allowing me to participate and share her talents with the blogesphere! Additionally, thank you for your kind words and encouragement of my own talents and aspirations! You have been a huge inspiration to me when it comes to my own artistic abilities.

FYI, only 26 more days until Christmas! Why not treat someone special to a beautiful and versatile handmade gift this year! Laura's scarves can be purchased here!


No comments:

Post a Comment