3.27.2011

Back and Blogging!

I feel as if I have completely dropped the blogging ball!  I did mention in my last post that I may have to go dark for a few days until we got the internet situation in our new apartment squared away.  Well, consider it squared away!

Now for the catching up!  Where to begin?  I think I’ll give you a quick overview and then in subsequent posts you can read up on the details if you so chose! I promise you won’t want to miss the post about Cheltenham as it will include a video clip of a song written just for the Croissants!
 
Tuesday, March 15
Adam took off on his first business trip to England last Tuesday.  He spent two days touring dairy processing facilities and then met up with some of his co-workers (the G-unit or graduate trainees) in Cheltenham for a crazy weekend.

Thursday March 17
I woke early on St. Patrick’s Day, and instead of heading to an Irish pub I headed to the airport!  It seems so crazy that on our first Patrick’s Day in Ireland Adam and I would be leaving the country that inspired one of the greatest holidays I know!  In fact, did you know Adam and I met while drinking green beers on St. Patty’s Day?  Story for another day!

So I flew over to the “main land” and met up with Adam in Cheltenham.  This was the chosen destination for the weekend because one of the largest horse races of the year was on.  It is known as The Gold Cup. I guess in a way we really didn’t miss out on any of the St. Patty’s Day fun because as much as the Irish love drinking, they also love gambling.  Sorry for the blatant stereotype, but I would guess about half the attendees at the race were Irish.  Additionally of the 13 people we shared a house with 10 of them were Irish.
Here is a quick picture of us down by the track.





Saturday, March 19
I left Adam behind in Cheltenham and headed to London.  In London I met up with a few of my friends from Raleigh!  I’ve only been gone for a month and a half but it’s been long enough to have missed them.  We had a great two days running around London shopping and sightseeing, and catching up.  (London girls weekend post coming soon!)

Monday, March 21
I headed back to Cork, but I wasn’t alone.  My friend Megan accompanied me.  She is down in the record books as our first official visitor! I should have made her sign a guest book!  I couldn’t quite play the perfect host that I so desperately want to be, because our apartment is not quite where I want it to be.  (Again stay tuned for lots of apartment improvement post in the weeks to come!)

Tuesday, March 22
Megan and I decided to get out of town and see some of the beautiful Irish countryside I have heard so much about.  Destination:  Bantry, a tiny seaport town in West County Cork.  It was a very quiet getaway, but worth it simply for the overnight stay at the Bantry House.  Here’s a little teaser picture for you, until I can get to the post.


So that pretty much sums up my last week!  Busy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment