3.29.2011

Cheltenham Part II


Our weekend in Cheltenham left me wishing I was 23 again.  It also made me sooo thankful that I am not!  In Part I I mentioned that crashing in a house and sharing a bathroom with 13 people made me feel like I was back in college.  I guess that’s the part that makes me glad I’m not.  The older I get the more I appreciate my personal space and the comfort of my own home.  This may be a clue as to why I’ve been spending so much time making my new temporary digs more livable by my standards.  

I digress, back to Cheltenham.  If I were 23 again I may have been able to hang out longer with the rest of the house guest who ranged in age from 23-26.  That’s right we were the old ones of this group.  Gasp!  We are in our 30’s!  I figure being in my 30’s gives me the right to go to bed at 2:00am and not feel badly about it.  So that’s just what I did.  The rest of the young whipper snappers stayed out until 5:00am!

Before I let my head hit the pillow I did manage to take in a bit of good craic.  There was of course drinking, but there was also dancing, singing, hair whipping back and forth a la Willow Smith, platinum chats, foam fingers, silly socks, and random high fives in the club.  There was even a little bit of shifting going on (but I’m not naming names, you know who you are!) 
Here are a few choice photos I managed to snap. 












Now for the big finish!  The moment you’ve all been waiting for!  The Adam Croissant Song.  I’m not sure if you will find this as funny as we did, but it was the big hit of the weekend as far as I’m concerned.

The trio of Barry Newman, Andy Dyer, and Ciaran Cotter, who call themselves Below the Noise, composed this little ditty in honor of Adam.  They seem to think Adam is pretty cool.  Boy does he have them snowed!  Also, in case you didn’t know this about my husband he actually does suffer from a mild form of narcolepsy.  Not really important, but it is mentioned in the song.  Also a warning that the last verse may not be suitable for small children.

The first verse is a little difficult to make out, so here are all the lyrics in case you want to follow along:

Adam Croissant is livin’ in Ireland
He’s working for the IDB (Irish Dairy Board)
He has got the narcolepsy
But that doesn’t bother me.

Chorus:
And they call him Adam Croissant
But we call him Adam Croissant

He’s living over here in Ireland
Where the hills are oh so steep.
But he’s got a major problem
He can’t help but fall asleep.

Chorus

He’s over here with his wife Kristin
She’s a real Mid-Western Chick
He brought her over to cook his dinner
All she does is suck his….

Chorus



The weekend for me ended with a lovely lunch and a stop in the park to take in the sunshine!



No comments:

Post a Comment