4.18.2011

Before and After Bookcase

Remember this picture taken the day we moved in?    



I wanted to make sure to point out the built in bookcases on either side of the fireplace.  While they are lovely and perfectly functional, they were feeling kind of ho-hum. As usual I must point out that this is a temporary living situation so painting the backs of the bookcases seemed a little too permanent. In lieu of paint I decided to tack this pretty and inexpensive wallpaper to the back. 



Now don't get too excited, it is a very subtle difference. However, I think it is just enough.  I did not want anything too bold because I have two large canvases I plan to paint in a fairly bright pallet that will eventually hang directly above the built-ins.

The after pictures were taken prior to our things arriving from the US.  (FYI they just arrived this week after 2 months on a boat!)  Once I unpack the few books and albums I shipped over, and have a chance to style the selves I'll post a new picture.  But for now here is a quick look at the before and after.









1 comment:

  1. Very nice Kristin!!! It has to make you feel good to see the before and after shots of your projects :-)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete