4.06.2011

Familiar Faces in a Foreign Land!


How do you like the little painting I did over the weekend?

Just Kidding!  It's a Jackson Pollock painting. I was only in London for two days but visiting the Tate Modern Museum of Art was a high priority! In fact outside of shopping and drinking it is the only really sightseeing/touristy thing I did. I figure now that we are living so close; and with a possible move to the UK next year, I'll have plenty of opportunities to explore London. Besides, I traveled to London straight from my weekend in Cheltenham which was exhausting! Check out that trip here and here in case you missed it. 

I went to London because three of my friends from Raleigh came over on a short vacation.  At this point I was feeling a little homesick, so being with familiar friends was just what I needed. Simply hearing Hilary's southern drawl was like the big hug that I had been needing! Here are a few pictures of me and the girls on my too short visit to London.

Megan and Hilary in the back of one of the famous big black London cabs.

Enjoying a light lunch, and wine of course!

Outside of Punch and Judy a fun pub in Covent Garden.

Contemplating what this modern art means?

Megan loves Matisse!

Me outside the Tate Modern.


As I mentioned the only thing we did outside of visiting the Tate was eat, drink, and shop.  One of my favorite stops included all three!  


Harvey Nichols is a very posh department store in Knightsbridge.  We did a bit of shopping and also made our way to the rooftop cafe for tea and cocktails!  Look at my lovely afternoon tea tray!  So perfectly British!  Tiny crust-less tea sandwiches, gorgeous little pastries, and scones!



And since we were in the area, a stop at Harrods!  It is like a shopping pilgrimage for the true shop-a-holic!


Most of my shopping was of the window variety, but I did manage to pick up these cute flats!  


Very Chanel right?!  That's what I thought and then I actually saw these!  

Pretty darn similar right?  except for the embroidered C logo on the heel, oh yeah and the $500 price difference!

Speaking of flats, I'm obsessed!  Check out this cute pair I snagged yesterday at TK Maxx (Not a typo, it's TK Maxx here not TJ )  

Nothing to do with London I know, but I couldn't resist the urge to share.  They're just so cute!

Two days in London was all I had.  Hilary and Tracy stayed on a bit longer, and Megan came back to Ireland with me.  Stay tuned for our one night excursion to the Irish seaside!







No comments:

Post a Comment